Oppss… No Photos for this post… All words.. LOL!! Flash back mah!! Hehehehe!!! Happy New Year 2010!!
- I wrote the last post on December 2008 where I post up some of the photos taken as well as events that happens in year 2008. I thank God for taking care of everything in my life.
- In January 2009, I post up few post (too bad not everyday!! I’m not a hardcore writer :p) and one of the post that I like most was “The Old Old Shoe” which I capture at my grandma’s house in Machap Baru, Melaka.
- That month was also the month of Chinese New Year. I did a not nice wallpaper greeting cards for all my friends. Check here. LOL!
- On 2nd Feb 09, I did a blog of “Out Of Focus Photography” which I named after “bokeh”. I love the photos very much which taken at Tao Cuisine at Juru Autocity. The food at Tao was amazing. Strongly recommend to go there
- During Chinese New Year Day 1, dad cook some good food and we had it at home, instead of going out to big big restaurant. Dad cooks very well and I love dad’s food. Visit his website here!
- While on Chinese New Year Day 2, we’ll go to visit grandma at Machap Baru which we’ll do it every year during Chinese New Year. I did a simple photo shoot for my grandma too.. LOL!!
- It was also my first time visiting to St. Anne Church @ Bukit Mertajam, Penang. It’s a very nice church and with very beautiful architecture designs. It’s a must to visit St. Anne Church @ Bukit Mertajam.
- On 14th Feb 2009, Kelab Layang Layang Zon Tengah Semenanjung Malaysia organized a Melaka International Kite Festival, Malaysia. It was co-sponsor by the Melaka government as well.
- In March 09, I started shooting portrait besides events & weddings. Some photos can be found @ Pretty Models post. We did the first street models shooting along Dataran Merdeka Malaysia & near by Central Market.
- In the month of March, I did 2 weddings jobs assignment for 2 friends. You may check out Wedding of Adan & Daisy and Wedding of Eik Hau & Micky. *that wasn’t my first wedding jobs ya :p
- Era, my Malaysia National Services team mate was married that month. I “shoot” straight to attend malays wedding ceremony after photographed Eik Hau & Micky’s actual day. It was nice to catch up again with all my friends from National Service (PLKN).
- It was my birthday that month. My birthday falls on 25th March 09. Now Modeling dudes & friends gave a surprised birthday party which was supposingly a farewell party for Jasril, one of the photographer that joined us during outdoor shootings. It was a fun day!!
- I blogged about Sony 70-200mm f2.8 G lens poison which I had the chance to test it out at Studio Zaloon in Pudu PLaza. It’s definitely a poison lens and best fit full frame camera. Too bad it’s too expensive to buy 1.
- I had the chance to try out studio lightings with Seb & Wilson. I tried shooting Nikon D60 & a Sigma lens. It was fun shooting in studio as we’re in control in most of the situations specially lightings compare to outdoor.
- In May 09, A Green Symphony which was organized by MCA Youth Selangor did a program/event called “Freeze for Green” that promotes Save Green to the max in One Utama, Bandar Utama. I covered the stories as Club8858 which I was formerly the main photographer of the club. I’ve resign from the club in Nov 09.
- I found a place call Pangsoon Waterfall, deep inside Hulu Langat. Indeed very beautiful waterfall and cooling for portrait shoot.
- Bei Zhan Restaurant, Melaka Grand Opening after shifted from the old place. The building design is nice and grand. Check out Bei Zhan Grand Opening 1 & Bei Zhan Grand Opening 2.
- The Canticle Singers Malaysia had a choral performance in University Malaya called “Be Our Guest”. I volunteered as a photographer since the funding they collect is to be donated to the homes. Cool!
- Did a detailed post of “Be Our Guest” by The Canticle Singers.
- Some of the photos & write up of people behind the “A Green Symphony Orchestra Performance” here.
- I photographed an international youth dialogue in Melaka organized by World Assembly of Youth, which is also taking care by Melaka Chief Minister. Photographs captured were published in the newspaper in Jagbani, the largest Punjabi daily newspaper in India & Melaka Hari Ini published by Melaka government.
- After finished editing and filtering the photos of “A Green Symphony Performance”, I wrote it here.
- A Full write up & photos of International youth dialogue by WAY.
- I love kids very much. Most of the time when I shoot events, weddings or private events. I’ll take photos with the kids. for sure… I share about why I love kids very much here.
- Photography business is blooming starting from August 2009. Thank God for that.
- I left Singapore to photograph KK & Nicole’s Wedding Actual day. Then followed by a ROM session on the yacht and traditional style weddings of them.
- I visited Indonesia once for business trip. I had the chance to visit Borobudur and experienced the lifestyle of Jogjakarta.
- In the month of Nov 2009, Latter Rain Church Malaysia shifted from old place to PJ Jaya One (happening place nowadays). We had the first praise & worship there and it was quite cool!
- I brought my dad’s restaurant to online and promoted the famous Claypot Chicken Rice in Melaka town. This is a must eat dish at my dad’s restaurant.
- I captured sis Cindy & Kent’s ROM day at Thean Hou Temple, KL.
- I had the chance to photograph Yong Hup & Ching Ee’s Wedding Actual day and I did a short video clips for them too. You may visit their blog too.
- Later, I did a detailed blog post about Yong Hup & Ching Ee’s Wedding day photos highlights in Oct 2009.
- I did a Pre-Wedding Portrait shoot for Hup & Ee around Melaka town, the beautiful city and I love the photos very much. They are sweet and spontaneous.
- I was given the chance to photographed a private event of Hirofood where Tun Dr. Mahathir bin Mohd was the honorable guest of the private function. I had the chance to photographed Tun was my biggest achievement so far
- I did a portrait shoot for my friend, Yvonne for her to keep. She loves photographs..
- In this month, I photographed Lars & Sarina 10th Wedding Anniversary at one of the cafe in Heritage Row. It was a sweet moment having to see this lovely couple had the celebration!
- FOCIM Praise & Worship team from Philippines performed at PJ Jaya One. It was a concert organized by Latter Rain Church Malaysia. I photographed the concerts and loves the movement captured!
- Me & Jonathan was the photographer & videographer for Alfred & Sheryl’s Garden Style wedding in Melaka. It was beautiful and held @ Shah’s Beach Resorts.
- I bought a lens, Sony SAL 18-250mm lens for my dad. I love the lens very much and my brother AhMike loves it too.
- Me & Jonathan partners to cover a private 3 days training at Bukit Tinggi. We had a lot of fun up there being trained while photographs too
- I partner together with Jonathan Loke and we started a company called “I See Media & Arts Production”. We believe media & arts can be used by God to influence the nation and other nations. God has its plan for every move we make, no? . Check out our fan page too LOL!!
- I had the chance to visit my dad’s friend in Kangar. It’s really an honour and I’m the 2nd generation meeting with him, and I met the 3rd generations kids which are uncle’s grandchildren. I had fun with them with the camera LOL!!!\
- I went to Langkawi too when I’m in Kangar and Alor Setar!!
- I photographed Takumi & Celine’s Wedding Actual Day too. Some of the photos are posted here.
There goes my year 2009. It’s full of colors and events, no?! I thank God for things that happens in year 2009, and look forward to year 2010 as I believe God will prepare a better path for everyone of us to go through.
Cheers, Gabriel Lai